badge

Friday 8 January 2016

Pizza By The Bay, Churchgate, Mumbai

A long time ago, when dinosaurs still roamed the earth, I used to go to college and there I met my best friend, my first foodie guide who introduced me to many gems. Pizza by the Bay was one of her personal favorites. I had gone once at her insistence to sample one of the most talked about pizzas- the Bombay Masala Pizza. I found it overpriced and oozing of oil and absolutely not worth going back for. Another time,she treated me to a white sauce pasta here (after swearing on the souls of all her ancestors that if I did not like it, she would never ever set foot here again) and this time, I did like it!. However, I still found the portions measly for the price, if I remember correctly, one pizza with 4 slices cost something around Rs. 700-800 (maybe more with taxes). So I did not go back here for the longest time.

Very recently however, an office colleague of mine decided to have a lunch meeting here. Pizza by the Bay has a lunch buffet everyday,exclusively of Salads, Soups, Sandwiches and Desserts. I myself had heard a lot about it over the years but never had the chance to actually be here in the vicinity at that time. And I also thought it would be a costly affair. Well, was I in for a surprise or what.











This could very well be the healthiest option for lunch in this part of town :) Also, it is very reasonably priced looking at the vast spread of the salads alone. Add soups, sandwiches, desserts and the price tag of just about 800 (including taxes) seems like a steal. Soup is served along with bread-sticks and butter at the table itself. There are unlimited mix and match options in terms of salad. There are vegetables, fruits, boiled pasta, boiled noodles, lentils, creamy potatoes, even papdi chaat, tofu and what not on offer, mix and match as per your personal taste preference :) In terms of sandwiches, I sense a huge room for improvement. I had a grilled Paneer in mustard sauce sandwich and a plain Veg sandwich and both were on the saltier side. Anyway, I was pretty full with the salad spread itself. In dessert section too, there are fruits, pastries, souffles, brownies, ice cream. Pick and enjoy whatever you want. I found them all delicious. 




I would definitely come back here for the lunch buffet, this time I would stay away from sandwich unless someone else confirms first that the salt issue has been resolved :D In any case, it is so much better to go for this buffet than order a-la carte, in my opinion. 

Oh, I completely forgot to talk about the best part about Pizza by the Bay. Its LOCATION! Very few places will give this kind of view of Marine Drive and the expansive Arabian Sea :) Beautiful! ♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like my post,please share it or connect with me here, I look forward to all comments :)