badge

Monday 30 November 2015

Khadi Herbal Shampoo Neem Sat Review

Scratchy, Itchy, Flaky, Irritating.

These are the words I use on most days to describe my hair and scalp. While I am not a chronic victim of any disease, my skin & hair drive me nuts enough to feel like a 24/7 patient. Sometimes too dry, Always so sensitive, Sometimes so scratchy, Always so irritating. That is why I keep going through a roster of products searching for the Holy Grails. And very rarely,I do come across something that really works :)

Khadi Herbal Shampoo Neem Sat is one such product! It has given me a huge relief from the scratchy, little dandruff-y, little flaky, very sensitive scalp condition that I suffer from :)


I had used one another Khadi Herbal shampoo a long time ago and it did not suit my hair one little bit. It turned my hair even dry-er than before, it literally felt like straw and I had to deep condition it for weeks before it turned normal (which is anyway dry like straw :P) so I was apprehensive of using this one. But I got really good reviews of this from some friends and I was absolutely fed up of using so many shampoos which did nothing for my itchy scalp, so I just took a leap of faith and used it. So glad I did!



I got it from Flipkart for Rs. 100 only, it is quite easily available online. Khadi products have an illustrious history and are rooted in the soil of our country,so bonus points for feeling good about buying it :D

Claims include 'an excellent remedy for itchy,irritated scalp and dandruff,it deep cleanses hair and keeps scalp healthy,fights off infections'. Ingredients include Neem, Brahmi, Tulsi, Reetha which we all know to be very beneficial Ayurvedic ingredients but there is no specific percentages of their composition given,which I would have appreciated. I am sure there are some chemicals involved and some artificial coloring too but that must be very little ( I hope!). Packaging looks sturdy and while there was no spillage while the product was shipped, as you can see in the image, the cap simply broke off and hinged after 1 use only! I did not have to travel anywhere so this was fine with me, but if one has to travel, this cannot be trusted. Quantity is awesome, this lasted me more than 2 months even on using twice a week, just a little is enough :)



The trick to using it is,dilute a little with water and then use all over scalp, leave it for 5 minutes and then rinse it off. I usually oil my hair before using this,otherwise it leaves hair very dry (Neem does that) and then I use a little conditioner,so my hair remains soft while my scalp is very clean and refreshed. I do not feel as if I used a boatload of chemicals on my scalp, it feels clean, I do not scratch it as often as I used to, it smells nice too, overall this is just an amazing product that does everything it promises and it is a must buy for me :) 

YES-
  • Does everything it promises
  • Takes care of scalp infections, scratchiness, dandruff too!
  • Nice, refreshing smell that is not overpowering at all
  • Keeps scalp clean for 2 days at least 
  • Natural ingredients that really work
  • Lasts a long time, really value for money
  • Legacy of Khadi, matter of pride for India :)
  • Easily available at Flipkart, Amazon etc.

NO-
  • Neem dries out hair, a conditioner is a must after shampoo OR oil your hair heavily before shampoo (like I do :D)
  • Cap gets unhinged,problematic if want to travel with this bottle!
  • No complete ingredients list makes me a little uneasy, that's it :)

RECOMMENDED-YES! If you have suffered from a problematic scalp like mine (which is made worse by the pollution & stress we have to face everyday), then THIS is a great remedy. A must buy again and again :) Rating is 4.75/5

1 comment:

  1. Now, thanks to you, Khadi Herbal Shampoo is definitely on my radar. I love that you highlighted the natural ingredients and how it impacted your hair. It's refreshing to find a blogger who genuinely cares about the products they recommend. Looking forward to more reviews from you – you've gained a new fan! Keep those awesome insights coming! πŸŒΏπŸ’‍♀️
    shampoo hard water

    ReplyDelete

If you like my post,please share it or connect with me here, I look forward to all comments :)